- 200 gram: Urad (black) dal
- 300 gram: Red Beans
- 250 gram: Onions
- 50 gram: Ginger (Adrak)
- 100 gram: Tomatoes
- 50 gram: Green Chilies
- 100 gram: Butter or Ghee
- 5 clove: Garlic (Lehsan)
Serving: 4 persons
- Soak daal and Red beans overnight and boil them with water and salt until the daal gets soft.
- Chop the onions, ginger (Adrak), green chilies and tomatoes.
- Fry all together in butter or ghee until brown.
- Then add boiled daal and red beans and allow them to shimmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve hot with naan, kulcha or paratha.
Daal is considered to be very boring at times and people prefer meat over daal. But there are ways to make your daal more interesting and delicious. Daalmakhni is one of them.