There are certain factors which can cause darkening of your lips such as smoking, caffeine, sun exposure, dryness, cheap cosmetics, food allergy, bacterial allergy.
There are certain factors which can cause darkening of your lips such as smoking, caffeine, sun exposure, dryness, cheap cosmetics, food allergy, bacterial allergy and excessive use of cosmetics.
There are several home remedies for dark lips which are simple to follow and easy to use. Some of the popular home remedies for dark lips which are being used since a very long time and have proved to be quite effective in many cases are:
1. One of the most effective home remedies for dark lips is to drink plenty of fluids every day. This will help in keeping your skin and body hydrated.
2. Take half teaspoon of lemon juice, half teaspoon of glycerin and half teaspoon of castor oil. Mix them together and just before going to bed apply this mixture on your lips. Leave it there for the whole night and make this a daily routine. This one of the most effective home remedies for dark lips.
3. The juice of beetroot is known to have natural bleaching properties. All you need to do is apply some juice of beetroot on your lips. Make this a daily practice and you will see that it will lighten the color of your lips.
4. Toothpaste can also be used to treat dark lips. All you need to do is apply a coat of toothpaste on your dark lips and wait for three minutes. Now wash it with water. Use this daily for good results.
5. Before going to bed apply a thin coat of clarified butter on your lips. Leave it there for the whole night. Use this home remedy on daily basis. It will be of great help in restoring the original color of your lips.
6. Try to consume healthy and balanced diet. Eat lots of fresh fruits and green vegetables on daily basis. Also try to consume cereals, milk products, whole grains, cereals and sprouts. Avoid alcohol, cigarettes, caffeine, junk food and spicy foods.
7. Almond oil can also prove to be very effective in lightening your dark lips. All you have to do is take some almond oil and mix it with a cream. Apply this mixture on your lips, this will not only help in lightening your lips but will also provide your lips with sufficient moisture.
8. Take some pomegranate seeds and crush them in order to extract their juice. Now apply this pomegranate juice on your lips. This natural home remedy is very effective in treating dark lips.
9. Take some saffron and cream of the curd. Mix them together and apply on your lips. Use this method daily to benefit from it. You can even try using ghee on your lips which is also equally beneficial.
10. Apple cider vinegar is also very helpful in treating dark lips. All you have to do is apply it on your lips twice daily. This will help in lightening the color of your lips.
The above mentioned home remedies for dark lips are some of the most popular natural remedies which are quite easy to follow and safe to use without any risk of side effects.